Tuesday 28 February 2012

JOM coilover review

If you have been reading my blog you will know that not so long ago I purchase a full set of JOM coilovers for a reasonable price of £168 Venom motor sport. Although I was unable to to fit them myself, this was not down to coilovers themselves but my lacking mechanical knowledge and tool box. They come a complete unit ready to be fitted, you will need the bearings for both front and back. If you don't intend to poly-bush them you can simply take the bearing off of your existing suspension and attach them to the coilovers. Which I what I asked my mechanic to do, the only reason I didn't poly-bush is because it is fairly expensive and I didn't have the cash. If you are building a car for track racing I would not scrimp on poly-bushes as you will find that you will wear out your bearings pretty quickly.

As for driving your car on the road with coilovers, it is a little be rough on the old bones but Winston now handles unbelievable well. For practical reasons I have not set my coilovers to the lowest they could go because I drive him on a daily basis so I don't want him so low I can't drive over speed bumps. The only Thing I have to complain about is the creaking on the rear axle but that's to be expected when you drop your car about 60 mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment