Friday 2 March 2012

Leeds Volkswagen Collective

So last night I made the long trek over to the Fox and Grapes on the A64 towards York to meet up with some guys from the forum that I am on at the moment. From what I can gather Leeds Volkswagen Collective has been going for 2/3 years now and they are quite a active car club. The meet every two weeks on a Thursday at the Fox and Grapes and just have a non alcoholic beverage and a good old chin wag then they all drive home.

I have been once before but there wasn't many people there, but last night there was a fair few of them. Unfortunately I did not manage to get a photo of the most unusual car there. Someone had turned up on a late bay high top which stood nearly 12 feet high, which is unbelievable really. He was telling me that when it gets hit by cross winds you really struggle to keep it from jack knifing. Although not too practical it was still cool.

DubbinDaz had brought has scooby powered T25 or Wedge as I found it was also known as. Then the other cars are Dayv drove his convertible beetle, which looked awesome with the white wall tires. He was tell us that he had found a little bit of rust that after a little bit of poking soon became a rather large hole. But this is all part of owning a classic car. The car in between Winston and Dayv is a polo which was own by Thor and has a excessively bright alarm system that apparently goes off as it pleases but hi I can't say much my security system on Winston is the fact that he doesn't work properly. So when your starting him up you need to know the correct order to pump the pedals and work the ignition at the same time. Genius I know.

There were talks last night about what shows people were going to, so I maybe trying to tagging along with them to a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment