Sunday 4 March 2012

Autoblog

VW Scirocco
Range Rover Evoque
Autoblog is one of the best blogs to find out what is currently going on in the world of modern cars. Who is releasing new cars and whether they are good or not. Although I not a massive fan of modern cars, the odd one or two do catch my eye. The thing I hate about modern cars is the useless gadgets that the add in just to help with the sale of the car. Yes having an inbuilt Sat nav is cool and so is having Bluetooth connectivity is a wonderful invention but where is the individuality of the cars? A lot of modern cars are starting to look very similar, take the new VW Scirocco and the latest Range Rover sport for example. They look scarily similar, especially the rear windows, this is why new cars do not excite me as much as old one. Why would I bother looking at car that is just a pastiche of another? Has the motoring world suddenly become like the Conceptual Art world and this little nodds to other cars some kind of insider joke between car designers?

I say bring back the brand individuality I want to see cars that are different with crazy extras like Vinyl window stickers that have people on, instead of the the piss boring "rear tinted windows" for an £300.

But I doubt I can change the world of cars on my, so it is nice to keep up to date with what is going on but I haven't seen any cars that really get me going just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment