Monday 5 March 2012

Auto blog Green

Nissan Leaf
Just like Autoblog, AutoblogGreen is a produced by the same people. It has fantastic up to date information on energy efficient cars. It is the place to find out which manufacturers are developing electric powered cars and how well they are getting along. As AutoblogGreen say the "obsessively cover the green scene".

I will be honest with you I have little faith in the electric car just yet, I am not sure it has all the benefits that having a fossil fueled car has. Such as, filling it back up in a matter of minutes or being able to use your air conditioning without killing you mpg drastically. My main reason for thinking that buying a electric car now is a dumb idea is that there are very few power points throughout the country for you to refuel at. As wonderful as the idea of a sustainable car is, a false ideal really due to the fact that it is fossil fuels that provide the electricity that they run on but that is another argument. If you can't fill them up at regular intervals your not going to get very far. I think Top Gear demonstrate my point brilliantly. You can make up your own mind but for me it is fossil fuels for now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment