Monday 20 February 2012

Saved my day

If you pay any attention to the other posts I have written, you'll know early this morning I had to refit that piss annoy battery. There is nothing wrong with it, the alternator works fit and the battery keeps charge but for some unknown reason when it gets cold it just dies on me. Which is what happened yesterday, so as the missus put it I kept it warm over night while it charged. The battery went in fairly easily, I had fitted all up and then noticed I had forgotten to fit the battery cover. So that was an extra 5 minutes my cold hands could have done without.

Any way to the real drama of today, the battery went in fit Winston started. Then I popped in my stereo fascia and there was no power, pulled it out checked the fuse it had blown at the back of the deck. I replaced it, still no power, checked the other fuses nothing else had blown just the one in the back of the deck. I was running late so it was the speaker on my phone keeping my semi sane on the way to uni. After I had finished uni for the day I swung by Audio Images in Bradford. These guys sorted out the sound system in the car the last time I had blew it up, so I took it back for them to check it out.

Turns out I have some how managed to to kill the permanent power to the stereo. I know how did I mange it? I wasn't even messing with the wiring last night, apart from cutting a plug to see if it fitted to the back of 12 volt point (it didn't, if you were wondering) other than that I hadn't done anything else. Well anyway it took a little bit of time and some head scratching but they fixed it and I now have music again which is always nice. The two things I love about Audio Images is that the don't judge you for trying to do the work yourself, they check it out, point out where you went wrong or what the problem is and fix it all for a fair price as well. The only thing I have to moan about is VAT, but that has nothing to do them. They have Winston's seal of approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment