Thursday 16 February 2012

Leaving it up to the pros

These are all pin/peg tools.
Well as you can probably tell from the more recent posts, my amateur mechanics did not go to plan. So far this week I have manged to fit a new fuel filter and oil filter along with changing the oil. I hold my hands up and say I ordered the wrong size air filter, so I have got it sorted now and ordered the correct one. Well that other air filter will be a nice addition to my collection of car parts that I am amassing in my garage. It shall be keeping my full set of car seats company in the rafters, but hi soon I shall have a full set of original Mk2 golf suspension to go up there.

Like I said earlier things have not gone to plan so unfortunately I haven't been able to fit my coilovers to Winston. I need some tool called a peg spanner or as it is known in the modern world a pin spanner so I frequented my local car shops and a few of the more main stream car shops like Halfords and Machine Mart but nether had the tools I needed, so I gave up rather quickly. So I had a rather enlightening conversation with my mechanic Kevin and I reckon I have not got enough knowledge or skill to get the job done safely so I will leave it up to Kevin. I will show you the results after I have had the job the done.

No comments:

Post a Comment