Friday 3 February 2012

Ice on the wrong side of the glass

For those of you who live outside of Yorkshire it hit -8 last night. Now I've been in London for the last three days so I have been running Winston. Admittedly I was worried when I came to start him up this morning the battery was going to be dead. Surprising it wasn't,  what did come as a shock was the ice on the inside of the car. With Winston being the first classic car I have owned I have not encounter this before and thought it was pretty funny.

What was not funny was frozen fuel lines, well I think it was because it took 4 attempts to get him started and most of today I have a problem with his performance. I think there was a lump of frozen petrol sat in his tank clogging up my fuel system. Which wasn't particularly fun on a national speed limit road I can tell you.

On a brighter note I have order all the car parts I need to get him serviced and tweaked to the way I want him looking. Oh and some more primer filler so I can finally sort out that nasty peeling paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment