Friday 27 January 2012

Indecisive fuel guage

look at the size of that clock.
Much of the fun of owning a classic car is that the majority of gauges, speedos, warning lights, interior lights and pretty much any other electrically powder part of the car has a mind of it's own. The interior light is just a lost cause I can live without it, so I shall. The warning lights, baring in mind there is only two of them in total so if ether one comes on it is time to start the panic procedure. I'm hoping my speedo is accurate cause I always stick to the speed limit and drive like a nun. Now too my favorite gauge of them of the all Winston's fuel gauge.

He is the only car I have owned where you can arrive at your destination with more fuel than you set off. You can also empty or fill the tank if you corner nice and hard (this requires some practice) but is always fun to scare your unwitting passenger. I would say the only time this is pretty irritating is when Winston needs some fuel, or does he? But serious does he? I can't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment